Activities : Garden Route and Little Karoo
This superb area a renowned scenic and adventure route for all levels of adrenalin. Make a truly unforgettable journey of rediscovery to this popular South African destination. The spectacular beauty of sweeping beaches and the sparkling Indian Ocean allows you to experience the best whale and dolphin encounters, and if you prefer the sea life up close and personal, snorkeling and shark-cage diving will boost your package - adrenalin junkies!
Climb or abseil the spectacular mountain ranges and gaze views that stretch forever, or try your hand at spelunking and expand your cultural knowledge while exploring the historical site at Cango Caves. If you are a bird lover, follower or apprentice simply reconnect with the environment and take leisurely walks through Birds of Eden forest which boasts of over 300 bird species all year round.
Over the mountains, be greeted by miles of fragrant indigenous fynbos at Little Karoo. Famous for its limestone formations deep beneath the earth, waterfalls and dramatic mountains, this is indeed `A Taste of Eden`. Further along lies the highest bungee in the world and before that a party strip perfect for the young at heart.
Fossils and stories in theatrical settings means a hands on experience with various volunteers in the region, discussing many aspects of human development, progress and settlement in these remote locations.
GARDEN ROUTE & LITTLE KAROO is located in the WEST CAPE PROVINCE. Known as the fairest cape in the world, the province comprises of 7 regions:
- Cape Peninsula
- West Coast
- Breede River Valley
- Garden Route
A quick focus on the facts of GARDEN ROUTE -
- Languages of Garden Route: Afrikaans, isiXhosa, English of the 11 spoken in South Africa
- Population of 4.3 million in an area of 129 386km2 covering 10.6% of this African country
The Garden Route is bursting with activities and attractions to cater for the local and international traveler.
- Scenic Abseiling on the Garden Route
- Gorge Glide 180 meters down in Kamala Game Reserve
- Boat trips along unspoiled Keurbooms Nature Reserve and up Storms River gorge
- Bridge jumping and the bungee jumping - near Mossel Bay Gourtis Bridge Swing
- Canoeing in The Wilderness National Park
- Caving & viewing of beautiful limestone formations at the Cango Caves
- Croc Cage Diving Encounter
- Eco Experiences
- Elephant Interactions and other Animal Encounters.
- Deep Sea Fishing at Mossel Bay
- Elephant-back Safaris and interactions
- Scenic Helicopter flights and charters
- Hiking the Tsitsikamma Coastline including the well known Dolphin Trail and splendid scenery.
- Horse Riding and safai trails
- Hot-air ballooning in Oudtshoorn
- House boating on the Knysna Lagoon
- Kite boarding - Plettenberg Bay
- Kloofing down the Kruis River
- Motorcycle tours
- Mountain biking through the majestic Baviaanskloof
- Microlight adventure flights along the Klein Karoo, Wilderness Coast and Knysna Heads
- Paragliding and one day instruction courses
- Powerboating at Mossel Bay
- Quad biking on a Private Eco Game Reserve - family friend tours
- Karoo River Rafting
- Sailing through the Knysna Heads and daily cruises
- Scuba diving , Diaz Beach Mossel Bay
- Sea Kayaking with the whales and dolphins in Plettenberg Bay
- Unique Shark Cage Diving at Mossel Bay
- Snorkeling at Tsitsikamma National Park
- Enjoy Stargazing and viewing of the `Celestial Big Five` in the Great Karoo and SALT near Sutheerland, home of the largest singleoptical telescope.
- Tree-top canopy tours in the Tsitsikamma Forest , 30m above the forest floor.
- Boat based whale and dolphin watching
- Fossil Hunting and Primate Parks
Surround yourself in the splendor and celebrate life at Garden Route and Little Karoo. Discover and enjoy thrilling adrenaline adventures. Start your adventure now and send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online bookings form for your free quotation and a response guaranteed within 48 hours.