Activities : Limpopo
Leave behind the frenzy, hit the road and visit the Great North. Limpopo is the ‘untamed’ Africa. The untouched endless display of nature and wildlife offers endless opportunities for excitement, adventure and heritage and cultural interactions.
It is known as the Land of the Rain Queen, Gold Rhino, Kruger National Park. With it’s distinct features of ancient baobabs, mountain and bushvelds and typical hot afternoons, a variety of activities are up for grabs. From game viewing and quad safaris in its numerous nature reserves to river rafting, tubing and stargazing, it will thrill even the most daring adrenalin-seeker, offering something for everyone. This is one of our Country’s more popular and well-managed conservation areas, so pack your bag and come and experience the ‘Limpopo Adrenalin’!
Characteristic are the Soutpansberg mountains winding through the hoizon providing splendid vistas, gorgeous outcrops and the chance to look for POTS, 600yr old to be honest, each telling their very own story with the remnants of their owner / constructor still embedded in some pristine and well located silos.. visit animals-arts-ancestors for more details on these superb historical sites we have personally spent hours with!
The Limpopo Province is the northern most province bordered by Mozambique, Zimbabwe Botswana and the Kruger National Park, the significant areas are:
- Makhado (Louis Trichardt)
- Polokwane (Pietersburg)
- Mokopane (Potgietersrus)
- Modimolle (Nylstroom)
- Bela Bela (Warmbaths)
- Lephalale (Ellisras)
A quick focus on the facts of the Limpopo –
- Languages of Limpopo: Sepedi, Xitsonga, Tshivenda, , English of the 11 spoken in South Africa
- Population of 5.7 million in an area of 123 910km2 covering 10.2% of this African country
The Limpopo offers endless opportunities for excitement, adventure, sport and teambuilding.
- Boat trips on the Blyde River Canyon, third biggest canyon in the world.
- Elephant-back Safaris and interactions, including viewing of the Big five
- Foot Safaris along the Limpopo River
- Fly fishing near Magoebaskloof
- Horse safaris
- Elephant back safaris and "Swim with African Elephants" in the Bela Bela Area.
- Game capture with the Big Five
- Golf and Game Safaris at top 18 hole championship golf courses
- Hot-air Ballooning over the Lowveld Big Game areas
- Heritage and Ancestor Tours
- Kloofing in the scenic George’s Valley gorge
- Micro light flights over the Tzaneen area
- Quad Safaris and Quad biking along and across the Broederstroom River with panaromic views of scenic Magoebaskloof or in Game Conservancy in the Bela Bela area.
- River rafting in the Blyde River canyon
- Stargazing in the Kruger National Park
- Tubing down the Groot Letaba river
- 4x4 Tours in the Waterberg Mountains
- Guided Heritage & Cultural Tours – Heritage Site such a Mapungubwe
- Artist Routes of the local Venda people to explore
- Wild Dog Tracking
- Walking Safari Tours
Learn more with an educational experience exploring the arts and the ancestors of the area or enjoy the outdoor experience whether a leisurely pace safari, Hot Air Ballooning over the Big Game Areas, Adventure seekers - tubing down a river, make time to explore this eco tourism friendly province and GO Limpopo!
African Chapter have similiar package section offering South African Residents a dedicated tour package section - Eish! Locals only, affording our residents some Green Offers in terms of travel in Limpopo and throughout SA. Popularly taken up through South African Tourisms campaign Shot Left, we`ve had many successful feedback and comments relating - why not call our office for a Eish! package today?
For further assistance to book your Limpopo Adrenalin visit, contact our friendly team for your free quotation and a response guaranteed within 48 hours.
View our new packages themed ANIMAL ARTS & ANCESTORS GUIDED TOURS , a unique and educational view on the history of this area.