Activities : North West Province
The North West Province, is close to Pretoria and not too far from Johannesburg, making it a great short stay getaway and affording it`s visitors a safari experience. The Sun City complex located here is a friendly family resort neighbouring a preserved wildlife reserve, a rare co-habitation between bright lights and vast spaces, a must see for everyone short of time and needing just a brief introduction.
The North West Province offers another extensive list of things to do and with its proximity making it near Gauteng. This wildlife attraction is definetly a highlight for this area. The fact that the proximity from Gauteng includes a 2 hour drive, excites our team even more as we can bring superb wildlife & safari getaways to those who are limited to travelling time! From Elephants to the flora, insects included we are sure as a nature enthusiast you will be delighted to know that you don’t have to travel to the end of the world to experience the beauty of this Africa on your doorstep!
A scenic region and well preserved as far as natural heritage is concerned, the general development of this area has in most cases conserved the natural environment and thus our wildlife experiences are readily available and waiting for you to explore and participate in the many outdoor and adventure experiences available in this South African province - the NW.
Whether it be for participation in a day activity or perhaps an overnight for a well earned last minute weekend getaway, African Chapter have already done all the hard work for you and all you need to look forward to is enjoy the service and a sensational getaway to this Province.
A quick focus on the facts of NORTH WEST PROVINCE
- Languages spoken in the North West of South Africa vary from Setswana to Afrikaans and isiXhosa
- A population of 3.6 million covering 9.5% of the country across 116320km2
The well know Pilanesberg Game Reserve offers a BIG 5 game experience a mere yet leisurely 3 hour drive from Gauteng, working in a few market stops will demand an hour or more added. Visitors have the opportunity to expereince a combination of wildlife reserve with the option to overnight within one of the Game Lodges situated in or close to the reserve. Self catering to 5* Hotel accommodation options, comfortable camping, Safari Tented or even day excursions, along with Guided Game drives conducted under the qualified guides in open game-viewing land vehicles, the family resort affording water activities aplenty. There are a number of hides and scenic picnic sites within the complex and reserve enabling you to stop and enjoy the views and fresh air of such a marvellous concept.
There is also the ever famous Sun City and Lost City Family resort adjacent to the Pilansberg that caters for families, single traveler, conferences, groups of all natures from sports groups to large or small company functions.
What to do? The question is simply where to start, the list of available options are endless but to get those ideas flowing we provide you with a shortened list of what is actually available to you as a Gauteng resident or international guest visiting for any period be it a weekend, day or months - we have options to suit any taste, style obviously restricted to budgets.
What activities and fun trips available in this area:
- Helicopter Flights and Air Charters as a means of transportation around the area
- Horse Riding, available in range of areas across the North West
- Eco Quad trails, all about getting dirty and enjoying the terrain and scenery.
- Inland Diving, Waterskiing and Waterworld experiences
- Segway Tours, Zip Line adventure an adrenalin filled sliding fun at Sun City.
- Sun City Waterworld, slides and even parasailing.
- Elephant Back Safaris and interactions in the Pilansberg
- Hot Air Ballooning over the Pilansberg Game Reserve
- Open Safari vehicle Game Drives
- Drumming and other Teambuilding activities in the Pilansberg/Sun City Resort.
- Crocodile Farm at entrance to Sun City.
- Quad biking adventure trail through the Letsatsing Game Park (Sun City)
- Cultural Village and Shebeen Restuarant at entrance to Sun City.
- Magaliesberg Canopy Tours , tree canopy tour, only 1 and half hours from Gauteng.
- Community Cycle Tour - visiting volunteer projects, full day tour includes visit to Tswaing Meteorite Crater.
- Pilansberg Guided Day Tours
- Lion Encounter , interact and walk with Africa`s wild lion! ** NEW**
To find out more information on the wildlife and safari day options, short country break stays as well as family resort breaks, contact our friendly African Chapter Team for personalised service. Book your adventure activities now and allow us to handle your bookings, where we will save you your money and time and take the hassle out of your hands by co-ordinating your eco adventure activity with experts!