Activities : Western Cape
Cape Town combines a rich, colourful and unique approach to leisure. Relaxation opportunities perfect for a special getaways. This city nurtures a multitude of cultures each telling a unique story to form a vibrant sought after tourist destination. The breathtaking views alone, along with the summer months enjoying sun days at the beach while sipping a glass of wine or how about simply relaxing at the spa.
Nestled between the Table Mountain Range and Atlantic Ocean, by day Cape Town is synonymous with action and adventure, and by night it turns into the cosmopolitan world of entertainment and enjoyment of living up to offering the ‘mother’ of an adventure!
The Cape Winelands towns slow down the pace, and offer a reality of, ‘a holiday experience in the vineyard of a working wine farm’, with the towns of Stellenbosch and Paarl just 30mins away from the International Airport. The world’s longest wine route – Route 62, leads you to discover vineyards, mountains, spas and nature reserves. Stellenbosch and Franschhoek routes all include South African cuisine.
The WEST COAST includes an absolutely beautiful coastline, a magnificent lagoon, small fishing villages, the spectacular Cedarberg Mountains and the arid beauty of the Namaqualand. A must visit in very specific months - chat to our consultants for all the low down.
CAPE TOWN & WINELANDS is located in the WEST CAPE PROVINCE. Known as the fairest cape in the world, the province comprises of 7 regions:
- Cape Peninsula (including Cape Town)
- West Coast & Cederberg
- Winelands (Stellenbosch, Paarl, Ceres, Worcester, Montagu)
- Overberg (CAPE WHALE COAST)
- Breede River Valley
- Garden Route
A quick focus on the facts of CAPE TOWN –
- Languages of Cape Town: isiZulu, Afrikaans, English of the 11 spoken in South Africa
- Population of 4.3 million in an area of 129 386km2 covering 10.6% of this African country
Take a look at what is on offer in the Fairest Cape;
- Abseiling off Table Mountain and Kamikaze Kanyon - Gordons Bay
- Aerobatic Flights in ex-Soviet aircraft at 360km/h
- Aquarium Diving and learn to swim with the sharks at Kelp Forest Exhibit
- Beach Rides on the magnificent Noordhoek Beach
- Boat trips including a guided tour of Simon’s Bay and viewing of the SA Navy Ships.
- Boat based whale watching trips (seasonal) in Hermanus.
- Canoe rides in the company of penguins, whales, seals and dolphins along the coastline
- Cable waterskiing, knee boarding, wakeboarding and skiing
- Carriage rides from the Castle of Good Hope
- Clay target, handgun, rifle, air gun and paint ball shooting
- Sightseeing Cycle Tours in the Winelands, Cape Point, and Grabouw Forest.
- Kloofing at Suicide Gorge, mountain biking and Table Mountain hikes
- Camel Rides through the bush with views over The Lakes and Long Beach
- Crayfishing in Simon’s Town or Kommetjie
- Deep sea fishing
- Dragon boat racing
- Fly fishing in the most superb crystal-clear trout streams
- Golf of Africa Museum, view a collection of African Gold Artefacts and objects from the ancient gold civilisations of Southern Africa
- Hang Gliding, altitude is everything!
- Harley-Davidson Tours including Peninsula to Cape Point, Stellenbsoch and Franschhoek, Whale Coast to Betty’s bay and Hermanus
- Helicopter Flights and Charters, the ultimate adrenalin flight over the West Coast
- Hiking with Cape Trails & Treks
- Houseboats - Langebaan
- Horse Riding through the Cape Winelands
- Heritage Site - Robben Island, on a guided tour including boat ride.
- Hot-air Ballooning in the Bergriver Valley, between Paarl and Malmesbury (weather permitting)
- Indoor Climbing on 10m high climbing wall plus bouldering cave
- Jet Skiing in the most exclusive locations
- Jet Flights over the Atlantic in the world’s only flying Lightning and Buccaneer
- Kite boarding in Bloubergstrand and Langebaan
- Kite surfing
- Micro light Flights and paragliding
- Mountain Bike and Hiking Trails
- Power boating with 2006/7 inflatable power-boat world championship team! Longer trips include Hout Bay to Cape Town and Simon’s Town to Cape Point.
- Powered paragliding; learn to fly with Xplorer Ultraflight
- River rafting down the Orange Doring and Breede rivers
- Rock Climbing at Table Mountain and Kloofing in Paarl
- Sailing and private charters
- Sea Kayaking in the warm waters of False Bay and Langebaan West Coast or Glide across sparkling water while enjoying a view of the majestic mountain, sea cliffs and marine life in Walker Bay near Hermanus.
- Shark Cage Diving adrenalin-surging adventure experience in the heart of the world`s Great White Shark mecca that will leave you in awe!
- Sand boarding; carve up the sand dunes of Cape Town!
- Scooters; pure freedom to travel
- Scuba Diving and Shark Cage Diving
- Scenic Flights, whale spotting and dive with the great white sharks along the Atlantic coastline
- View thousands of Cape Fur Seals while enjoying scenery of Chapmans Peak Drive and Sentinel Mountain
- View or cage dive with the breaching great white sharks or enjoy Blue Water Shark Diving
- Go ‘VINTAGE’ with Cape Sidecar Adventures who offer tours in Vintage World War II, 750cc sidecar motorbikes, practically unchanged in style from 1930.
- Winetasting Tours and cellar tours
- Take a leap on the wild side and go skydiving
- Tobogganing - first downhill toboggan in Africa
- Quad biking tours in the Winelands, West Coast, Hermanus and Melkbos Elgin Wine Valley - Cape Town.
- Balance your body, mind and soul at Surf school in Muizenberg and Windsurfing in Langebaan
- VA Waterfront Cruises and boat trips and sunset cruises on the Langebaan Lagoon
To this day, Cape Town continues to be the premier destination for the truly adventurous traveller. The options range from the water sport experiences such the extreme sports in cliff-hanging and rock climbing to relaxing wineland tours including tastings and cellar tours and ocean adventures. If you are after the adrenalin rush or simply preferring exploring in style or an educational or interactive experience a variety of options are available for you in the Mother City and surrounds.