Country Stay & Fine dining from R1620 pps
R1520 per person sharing 2 night Dinner Bed & Breakfast
Dinner includes a 4 course meal.
Validity: 2011-09-01 - 2012-03-31
Enjoy Luxurious country living in the heart of the Magoebaskloof mountains, situated on the Northern-most section of the mighty Drakensberg range, 2,5 km from Haerentsburg, only 3 hours from Johannesburg. Spectacular backdrops creates a feeling of complete tranquility combining all the pleasures, luxuries and activities to relax both body and mind.
Enjoy the fresh country air, while devouring delectable treats in the tea garden or feasting on tasty al la carte lunch! Each room is made cosy during the colder months with quaint log fireplaces to warm you up. If it is a luxury retreat you are looking for then the comfortable King Size beds complete with crisp white percale and soft white bathrobes and slippers in every bathroom will definetly meet with your approval!
The facilities offered on the hotel include an indoor and outdoor pub and restaurant area overlooking the Wolkberg and Iron Crown mountains, a secluded swimming pool and lush central courtyard. The bird life is plentiful and includes the Knysna and Purple-Crested Louries, several species of Eagle, the Narina Trogan and the rare Black-Fronted Bush Strike. There are also abundant wildlife species including buck & porcupine in and around the property.
The area offers spectacular mountain and forest views with extensive outdoor activities including mountain biking, walking & hiking trails, a canopy tour over the Groot Letaba River gorge, birding, fly fishing, golfing, picnicking, quad-biking and horseback riding.
Average altitude is approximately 1500 metres above sea level and the road to Tzaneen descends 620 metres in only 5.5km! It for this reason this retreat is surrounded by cooler air which is a relief during the scorching summer months!
Your Country retreat includes:
- 2 nights Comfortable luxury en suite rooms
- Scrumptious Breakfast daily
- Elegant, gourmet 4-course dinners crafted by the executive chef, complemented with fine wine and friendly service.
Your country escape excludes:
- Further meals
- All items of a personal nature.
The area surrounding, is alive with activities and adventure or even relaxing scenic drives or walks. To prebook any of the above activities and add to the above please chat to our reservation tream for further assistance on 011 545 6100!
- Antique shopping in the Historical Town of Haenertsburg
- Superb bird watching area
- Adventure - Abseiling, Caving,
- Candle Making
- Elephant Back Safaris (1hour away)
- Fly Fishing- Experience the thrill while fishing both Brown and Rainbow Trout
- Hiking and Walking Trails- Magnificent scenery and prolific wildlife, provides endless opportunities
- Horse Riding
- Historical Village- just 2 km away
- Kruger National Park- 2 Hrs drive away making a great enroute stop!
- Swimming Pool at the lodge
- Modjadji Cycad Reserve
- Quad Biking- designed to get th adrenaline coursing through your veins
- Sunset Cruises- Sip a sundowner on the Ebenezer Dam
- Waterfalls- like the watery world of Debegeni Falls
- 4 X 4 Trails
African Chapter ensuring sensational experiences to add to your book of life!