Hazyview Forest Canopy Tour & Overnight stay from R1180 pps
R1180-00 per person sharing
Validity: 2012-11-01 - 2013-10-31
Experience the freedom of gliding over one of the last remaining natural forested valleys along the Sabie River and the thrill of Africa`s longest aerial cable trail. Peace and tranquility are found whilst suspended above the majestic Sabie Forest with views all the way to Kruger National Park, and of course becoming just another high flyer viewing game such as leopards. Reptile encounters with pythons a possibility and of course admiring the rare plants seen only in these South African forests!
The aerial cable trail takes you down into the valley basin, stopping along the way on a number of elevated platforms to admire the natural vegetation, birdlife and the views of the forest floor below.
Each section of the trail varies in length from 70 to 230 meters linking a total of 10 platforms, making this the longest cable trail in Africa (1,2km). The trail has been designed and built to South African civil engineering standards and all the equipment has been designed specifically for this activity, tried and tested worldwide. Experience this wild adventure for yourself while all groups are escorted by qualified guides.
The Guest Lodge from where this activity takes place is situated approximately 3km from Hazyview and approximately 4 and half hours drive from Johannesburg. Offering well appointed rooms with en-suite facilities and set in lush garden surroundings. The rooms are tastefully furnished with hand-made wrought iron furniture & fittings as well as fine linen. Here the focus is on guest comfort. Facilities include a Swimming pool, Restaurant and bar and additional activities such as Golf, horseback riding, quad bike trails and balloon or microlight flights.
Participants meet, to complete the necessary documentation and a short introductory briefing from the friendly guides and staff at the Lodge - kit up and do a short run while they show you how to ride the cables... and STOP! This comes in handy when you see something you really want to take the time and look at, an adventure incomparable with any other.
Guests are then transported to the starting point of the trail to commence their 10 platform ride down to the bottom of the valley and after the trail has been completed, participants are returned to the Lodge where meals and refreshments can be arranged if required. Bottled water is however provided during the trail.
The trail can take up to 8 participants per trip on scheduled departures and the whole tour takes approximately 3 hours to complete. Larger groups can be accommodated over several trips and this activity is suitable for people of all ages, however children under the age of 10 will need to be assisted. The maximum per person weight that can be accommodated is 120kg.
Self Drive Package includes:
- 1 night accommodation at a country style lodge in Hazyview.
- Breakfast at the lodge the following morning
- An A la carte dinner in the Lodge`s restaurant situated on site to avoid further driving
- 1 x Skyway trail (canopy tour) lasting 3 hours, including bottled water
Forest Skyway Trail Excludes:
- Meals not specified ie: Lunch as there are great spots in Hazyview so we thought we`d leave this to your discretion
- Additional nights spent at the Lodge or another establishment in Hazyview / Kruger
- Transport to and from the Lodge other than for the cabled trail activity
- Car hire / transfers on request at additional cost - pls chat to our consultants
- Additional activities can be added such as Game Drives, horseriding, Quad bike trails, microlighting elephant interaction and hot air balloon excursion. Your consultant can provide your rates associated to each activity.
For further aviation activities or aeronautical adventure experiences our African Chapter Team can steer you in the right direction with a range of options throughout South Africa. Contact us now on 011 545 6100.
Travelling at altitude is facetted by many components, please indicate any particular requests or needs to your consultant on booking
* Medication in response to acrophobia or alternative chronic disease should be carried
* Dietary specifications not communicated before booking pose non-compliance & allergy related risks
* Carry-on restrictions apply to all aviation related activities
* Please ensure waste is recycled where possible and alternatives disposed of in allocated BINS
Please bear the following in mind when undertaking in the above activities.
Locations where these activities apply are contained in indigenious environments and risks posed by co-existing species exist ie: spiders, snakes, birds etc.
A sound & calm state of mind is key in any emergency situation - panic should be avoided at all costs.
African Chapter ensuring sensational experiences to add to your book of life!