Dugong Beach Lodge
Stars : 5
Capacity : 24
Price : R4400
Dugong Beach Lodge , a perfect honeymoon destination or romantic rendevouz, is a treasure chest of Mozambique’s endless beauty, it’s cultural diversity and relaxed lifestyle. If you have ever visited Mozambique before you would know the splendour offered in terms of a perfect idyllic vacation.
This luxury 5 Star Lodge boasts air condtioned chalets that have direct access to the white beaches and private salas! The Lodge is situated on the spectacular San Sabastião peninsula in the Vilanculos Coastal Wildlife Sanctuary located on the tropical east coast of Africa. The Sanctuary boasts a large bay, tidal sand flats, an estuarine lagoon, sea grass beds, freshwater lakes, mangrove swamps, coral and rocky reefs, idyllic sandy beaches, forested dunes and lush bush.
Dugong Beach Lodge embraces all manner of island-style relaxation encouraging guests to unwind and enjoy; barefoot luxury, endless vistas and solitary walks along white, sandy shores.
For the more energetic, activities include scuba diving, snorkelling, trips on board a dhow (traditional Arab sailing boat), fishing and additional excursions.
This diverse eco-system of bush and wetland, with its powder white beaches and crystal clear water is host to a magnificent array of fish, dolphin and very importantly, the nearly extinct Dugong. Shallow and deepwater reefs reveal beautiful creatures such as the Green and Leatherback Turtles, Sailfish, and Manta Ray, but to name a few.
Big deep-sea game fishing of Marlin and Barracuda is truly spectacular and the large flocks of Flamingoes and Pelicans are a sight to behold.
Pure relaxation is the order of the day. Enjoy a picnic on a deserted island or enjoy the leisurely walks on a perfect white sand beach with translucent waters. Sip cocktails at the poolside or under a thatched canopy on the beach! What more could you ask for?
For the more energetic, Dugong Beach Lodge offers snorkelling, salt-water fly-fishing, birding, kayaking, deep-sea fishing, windsurfing and sailing on a hobie cat, as well as excursions to World`s View - the highest point on the peninsula, picnics on Bangwe Island, are just a short boat ride away and available to ensure a sensational Mozambique experience for your chapter.So whatever your motive is, Dugong Beach has everything one could imagine on this nature & beach destination!
The intention that accommodation, facilities and activities on offer at Dugong Beach Lodge will ensure guests experience the ultimate in barefoot luxury. This magnificent, unique wilderness setting is one which is sure to be the romantic, serene and tranquil experience many visitors crave.
Accommodation consists of 12 luxuriously appointed, air-conditioned chalets with direct access to the beach via individual walkways. (14 bedrooms, as two units are villas consisting of 2 bedrooms). Each Villa has 2 bedrooms and a plunge pool. All rooms have outdoor showers and twin beds can be converted to double beds. Each chalet has a private deck furnished with day beds for relaxation or wellness treatments and where private dinners can be enjoyed. There is an interflowing swimming pool with an island-style bar and martini seats with spectacular views of the ocean.
The room and lodge facilities include:
- All rooms are sea facing with private decks
- Bathrooms overlook private courtyard and have outdoor shower
- Lounge, Dining Room and Sun Deck all have ocean views
- In-Room Wellness Treatments
- Interflowing Swimming Pool and Island Bar
- Internet Facilities
- TV & DVD Player in Main Lounge
- Small Library
- Curio Shop
Additional Activities offered at the lodge for your long lesiurely days:
- Bangwe Island Excursion - 4 Hours
- Margaruque Island Excursion 5 Hours
- Pansy Island/Two Mile Reef Snorkelling Trip or Fishing Trip
- Boat Hire Per Day
- Ocean Safari or Surf & Fly Fishing - 4 Hours
- Cowry Point
- Helicopter Scenic Flight (1 Hour) - Max 6 Pax per Helicopter
- Please note that all Island Excursions Exclude the Parks Fees
- Full Body Massage (60 - 70 Minutes)
- Back Massage (30 - 45 Minutes)
- Water Skiing/Tubing
- Sundowner Cruise
- Dhow Cruise
- Guided Trails - 2 Hours
- Nature Drive including World`s View & Fishing Village
- Little Legends Children Programme: Buckets & Spades, Mini Fishing Rods and Water Sports
All rates for the above activities on request. Please enquire with our friendly reservation team for further assistance in planning your sensational mozambique island getaway!
Activities and Facilities
- Non motorized water sports
- En-suite Bathroom
- Mosquito Screening
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Shower
- Viewing Deck
- Boat Cruises
NOTE : Some of the activities and facilities are not covered by the rate quoted and may be surchargeable.
Low Season: 07Jan 2012 – 30 June 2013; 1Sep 2013 to 31 October 2013
US $390 per person sharing and US $195 per child under 12 years.
High Season: 16 Dec 12 – 6 Jan 2013; 1July to 31 August 2013
US $490 per person sharing and US $ 245 per child under 12 years.
Peak Season Surcharge on request
Dugong Beach Lodge Rates Includes:
- Three meals per day
- 1 bottled water per day
- Local beer and wine by the glass
- All non motorised water sports available at the lodge
Dugong Beach Lodge Rate excludes:
- Boat transfer to/from Lodge approx USD80 pp one way
- Transfers to and from Vilanculos in Mozambique - which can be arranged should you require this service included in your tailor-made package with African Chapter
- All additional activities such as Motorised Watersports - please discuss these with your consultant upon enquiring or making your booking at Dugong Beach Lodge.